January 23, 2013

Yes and No

"Are you hungry?"
"Yes and no."

"Do you want to play with your toys?"
"Yes and no."

"Are you tired?"
"Yes and no."

Sometimes we get "yes".  Sometimes we get "no".
And sometimes when we ask O questions, we get "yes and no".

I  laugh every time. 
What does this mean, Owen?

Maybe.  
Possibly.
It's complicated.
It depends.
Potentially.  

Well, as Nate and I talked about taking a vacation without Owen, 
I started to relate to this little saying a whole lot more.  
I knew I wanted to go.  
I knew we would have so much fun.
I knew he would be cared for.
I knew flying 10-ish hours with him would by misery.  For all involved.
But, I just felt so bad leaving him.  
Would the poor little lad feel abandoned 
without his momma or daddy for a whole week?

If you were to ask me if I was excited to go to Hawaii,
my answer would have definitely been,
"yes and no".







1 comment:

Post a Comment